The Montreal Museum of Fine Arts Foundation is looking for a Head of Marketing Communications and Relationships. Reporting to the Foundation’s Director of Operations and Administration, the person will be responsible for designing and developing the Foundation’s Charitable Communications Plan, developing communication and marketing strategies for the Foundation’s various fundraising campaigns as well as implementing action plans.
To be successful in this position you will need to:
- Develop, coordinate and implement, in conjunction with the Foundation and Museum team, the charity communication and marketing strategy and action plans for fundraising campaigns: annual campaign, charity circuits, fundraising events including annual ball, grand campaigns, and planned giving;
- Develop strategies, content, and print and digital communication tools;
- Collaborate with the Museum’s events team on loyalty and solicitation strategies;
- Ensure compliance with partnership agreements in close collaboration with the Partnerships team and Volunteer Committees;
- Managing media relations, sourcing and creating visibility opportunities, in collaboration with museum teams;
- Ensure the quality of the organization’s internal and external communications Be the guardian of the organization’s brand image;
- Develop a vision plan for the institution within the museum’s tools and spaces and ensure that it is disseminated;
- Monitoring communication procedures in the charitable sector;
- Manage human resources and budget related to its activities;
- Establish best practices in philanthropic communication within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field;
- Knowledge of charitable practices and relevant experience of at least 5 years in this field, ideally in the cultural sector;
- Excellent knowledge of digital, web and social media marketing;
- Knowledge of MS Office, Adobe (Illustrator, In Design) and CRM database software;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English;
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and diplomacy skills;
- Flexibility and increased sense of organization and planning.
True to its mission, the MMFA encourages diversity within its teams and invites applicants from all walks of life with the required skills. Please submit your request using the form.