The list of Celsius clients who can recover their cryptocurrencies has been published

In a document spanning more than 1,000 pages, the bankrupt company disclosed the first and last names of users eligible to withdraw 94% of their cryptocurrency assets.

In terms of data privacy, it could do better. Cryptocurrency lending platform Celsius, which fell in July, gave news to its former customers. in more than one document 1400 pages which the company had to submit to a New York court, the company disclosed the first and last names of its users who were eligible to withdraw “approximately” 94% of their assets.

Eligible custodial users will be able to withdraw approximately 94% of the eligible custodial assets at this time. The court will decide at a later date whether eligible custodial users will be able to withdraw the remaining 6%.

To recall, since 2017, Celsius has been one of the major cryptocurrency betting or lending platforms and has managed to gain more than 1.7 million customers. Its well-marketed model was enough to attract customers. By depositing their cryptocurrency on the platform, they can earn up to 18% interest.

In mid-June, facing a liquidity crisis in a context of intense tension in the cryptocurrency market, it froze the withdrawals of its users, who have since been unable to withdraw their funds.

More details on February 15th

By February 15th, its customers should receive more details via email from debtors from Celsius on how to get their money back. Next to their names are users’ cryptocurrency balances, which can be the target of attacks by malicious people.

For security reasons, users are encouraged to update their accounts, especially to comply with certain anti-money laundering measures or KYC (“Know Your Customer”) policies. Similarly, details of transaction fees associated with future withdrawals will be sent.

“Eligible users who do not have enough assets in their account to meet these fees will not be allowed to withdraw their assets,” Celsius said.

The revelations come as a 700-page report written by independent reviewer Sobha Pillai lifted the lid on how Celsius operated before its bankruptcy, which it considers a Ponzi scheme, that fraudulent scheme of financing early investors’ “benefits” with stakes of newcomers.

Last October, as part of a legal action, Celsius was forced to publish the names of all its customers along with their cryptocurrency balance.

Leave a Comment